My Rambling Journal

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. Henry Ellis ****************************************************************** Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Thanksgiving Day at my house


OK! It's well over a week since Thanksgiving Day, and the leftovers just a memory, but I've just not been in the mood to write I guess. I know some of you are waiting to see pictures of the family, so here they are:





Lisa and Matt had dinner at Matt's grandparent's house, but they stopped by to visit after dinner. I guess I forgot to take a picture of them!

Dinner was good, (Of Course!) and I think everyone had a good time. Dad stayed until the end, and said he was tired, but it was a 'good tired'.

My dishwasher decided to die, so I did the legions of dishes by hand. I bought a new one over the weekend, and Jeremy was a good son and picked it up and installed it for me. WOW! It really works well!

The evening before Thanksgiving, Jeremy, Soren and I went to Terry's brother Paul's house to visit. Every Thanksgiving Paul makes 30-40 pumpkin pies and collects donations of food from anyone who want to participate. On Thanksgiving, they take the pies and food into Minneapolis to a charity to share for Thanksgiving dinner for the homeless and underpriviledged. Paul has done this for many years. He is a kind and generous guy. I'm proud to have him for a brother-in-law.

I hope you all had a good holiday too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely Thanksgiving Pictures. Missed seeing Lisa and Matt though. And where is the picture of the Guest of Honor ? (the turkey silly!) Too bad I wasn't there to help you with the dishes...........
Much Love,

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home