My Rambling Journal

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. Henry Ellis ****************************************************************** Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, October 02, 2005

My home


I have always loved this house, this location, this HOME. It is the place I raised my family, safe secure and quiet. I love that there are no houses to look at in the back yard and never will be. I love that when I step out on my deck, NO ONE can see me, unless they are lurking in the trees intentionally looking and then that is entirely THEIR problem. I love my new deck and porch: I came up with the idea 25 years ago, and finally, 1 month before Terry got sick, he agreed it was a good idea! (Men are sometimes a little slow?) I love my back yard. It would be the perfect back yard for a pool, but it made a great baseball diamond or football field for the kids.



We alway intended to finish the walkout basement into a nice family/TV room, but never got around to it. A bathroom in that level would be really great too.

But I still love my house....it is just the right size. I'm starting to clear out all the old stuff I don't really need to keep. The kids have taken things for their homes, and I will find more things for them as I go through each room.

I feel comfortable here and I know all the quirks and sounds the house makes when it talks to me.

3 families have lived in this house which was built in 1959. The first family lived here only a few years. The Ellis family bought the home and raised their family here until they moved to California in 1977. I have lived here since then so, after 27 years, I am the person who has lived here the longest...

As long as I am able to keep things up , why would I want to go? Maybe I'll get going on that lower level remodel soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home