My Rambling Journal

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. Henry Ellis ****************************************************************** Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

End of another summer




My first year living all alone........in my entire life! Some days are very lonely, but most days I have used my wits to find something nice to do.

I work for the travel agency from time to time, writing and adjusting some of the programming. It's nice to pop in to see all my good friends and co-workers. I also work some from home.



Taking care of my dad, bringing him to his appointments and just hanging out enjoying his company on drives around the lake is nice.




I've taken care of my own lawn this year and found that the riding lawnmower is not so much of a challenge. In the spring I had the house painted and I had new windows installed in the front of the house too. Soon a new fence will span a section of the back yard so that I can begin my big project for next spring/summer....landscaping and gardening.





My sister came from Tampa to join us in the bench dedication for Terry. We had a nice week together. She came up again in August for a few days and we went to the State Fair and had a family picnic at Minnehaha falls.

Last weekend, my brother came from San Francisco and we took a trip to Duluth and the North shore with Dad and our other brother and his wife.
We had a great time seeing the sights we all remember from our childhood vacations: Gooseberry Falls, Split Rock Lighthouse, Two Harbors. All the pictures on this post are from that trip.




Next week I'm going on a small ship cruise in the Pacific Northwest to the San Juan Islands. It's going to be a naturalist (nature, birds, wildlife, etc) type cruise, exploring some of the Marine Sancuary Islands (Matia, Sucia) with trips to Victoria BC, Vancouver BC, Powell River Gorge, Jervis Inlet, and Squamish will also be stops.

I'll be traveling solo, but meeting up with a small group of travel agents from around the country. When I return, I should have lots of pictures for you.



So, add this page to your 'favorites' and visit when you get a chance. I'll update when I have time and have something to say (like when is THAT?)

Thanks for taking the time,

Barb

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rambling is a good way to describe it. I like you blog, Even if I don't comment, don't think I am not reading.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home